Mittwoch, 27. März 2013

A girl's weight-loss-journey #6 - Staying on track


Hello there!
This won't be a long one, as I will to busy and gone at the next weekend - it's Easter and I will be down in Galway for the Food Festival  - to write a proper article.

Statistics and key information:
Check out my other weeks here

Number of weeks: 9
Weight loss this week: -2 lbs, ~ 0.9 kg
Weight loss in total: -2st ½lbs, ~12,5kg
Feeling: I reached another “milestone” this week, with losing my second stone in 9 weeks. I am so happy, and without sounding to cheeky, I am proud of myself and it's just great, to get the applause from all the other members after my leader announced my two stone weight-loss at the end of the meeting this morning. I kind of had a good week, although I “just” lost 2lbs. I am happy with that and haven't had any cravings during my PMS this time, which totally surprised me.
This whole week, I never thought of the amount I would have lost, but last night in my bed, I was kind of thinking, and panicking: What if I haven't lost anything? I kind of pressurized myself and I, myself, would have been disappointed. I know, that there could be weeks without seeing anything on the scales, but it would have meant, that I didn't put in all my effort. Actually no one would say that, except of me, and just me.
I know, as well, that I should change my attitude and that means, I will try to take it from week to week and every week, as it comes. There might be better ones than others.
Favourite food: Prawn Curry with rice, pasta bake with mushrooms and tomatoes, pork fillet with potatoes and vegetables
Favourite treats: Hot cross bun, Cadbury Roses
Goals & plans for the next week: Last week: walking on three days, due to weather conditions and school holidays.
Next weekend is Easter, so I might use more than my weekly ProPoints, I am used to, for some Easter chocolate indulgence. Chocolate is definitely my downfall. I will also be in Galway for it's annual food festival. I am really excited about the things, I will see there. I hope it won't be to hard to stay on track. I think, this is my first real challenge, as it is something unusual and I don't know what to expect. But I am really looking forward to this weekend, anyways, and food should not reign over your whole life.
Tips and thoughts: I just have two ideas for this week: 1) Make your weight-loss visible: put two cents, for example, in a glass for every pound you've lost during a week and 50 cent for every whole stone you've lost. At the end of your journey, you could use the money for buying yourself a new top in your new size or something else, that symbolizes your “new you”.
2) Award yourself with something non-food related for every “milestone” you achieved. Buy new earrings, nail polish, a book or something else you would like.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Ich freue mich immer über liebe Kommentare zu den Posts, über Kritik und Anregungen, nur bitte denkt daran, dass ich keine Kommentare freischalten werde, die nichts mit dem Blogpost zu tun haben! Außerdem schaue ich mir eure Blogs gerne an, wenn ihr sie erwähnt, nur kann ich nicht versprechen, euch zu folgen.